Join Us: Bring the WOW!
Want to bring a WOW experience every day? At Mayerson Academy, we’ve made it our mission to celebrate strengths and inspire people to reach their greatest potential—one organization, one team and one person at a time. As forward-thinking learning services experts, we are pioneering innovative solutions designed to deliver results. Ultimately our goal is to inspire everyone we reach to be at their best every day and to help others do the same.
We are a strengths-based group of diverse professionals who inspire educators and organizations to realize their visions for success through extraordinary learning experiences. We would love for you to join our team.
Position: Senior Manager of Strengths-Based Initiatives
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible to: Senior Director of Organizational and Community Development
Apply: Download the application process here for more information.
Download the Job Description here.
The Senior Manager of Strengths-Based Initiatives will work alongside a team of innovative and committed change-makers at Mayerson Academy to build a growing movement of strengths-based organizations across Greater Cincinnati and beyond. Through skillful facilitation, design and consultation, you will activate strengths in teams and organizations across multiple sectors to boost their workplace engagement, performance and wellbeing and maximize their impact in our city. People see you as a strategic thinker who is a deft relationship-builder, problem-solver and self-starter. You embrace challenges, operate well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and believe it is possible to both work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time.
ABOUT THE WORK:
Stronger workplace culture leads to better results – for employees and for those they reach through their efforts. In fact, research shows that strengths-based cultures lead to outcomes that matter in any workplace – higher job satisfaction, better performance, and increased employee well-being.
Our Strong Cincinnati initiative is activating the strengths of individuals, teams and organizations across our city to transform their workplace culture and amplify their impact in the community. Through innovations in design, facilitation, consultation, and program integration, we are growing a community of organizations across multiple sectors – including youth and civic services, government, higher education, and the arts – that are transforming the way they do their work. We are excited to deepen impact for our more than 30 existing partners and expand our reach within our community and beyond. The bottom line – it’s all about helping individuals and organizations be at their best so they can do their most meaningful work in the world.
- Design and deliver engaging, energizing and creative professional learning workshops that catalyze participant learning.
- Facilitate strategic conversations with teams and organizations to support ongoing culture implementation and change efforts.
- Consult with individual leaders and teams to drive sustained engagement, learning, and culture growth.
- Build trusting partner relationships that allow for deep collaboration and influence.
- Maintain focus on critical outcomes to inform programmatic improvements and client results.
- Contribute to ongoing learning and innovation around research-based, best practices for strengths-based organizational development and program integration.
- Model the culture we are seeking to build by embodying our core values and continually strengthening our Mayerson Academy culture.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years or more of job-related experience preferred
- Work experience within public school systems and creating and delivering professional learning is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully working and collaborating with a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
- History of building and executing a project plan, managing and planning around deadlines, and adjusting/evolving plans as new information becomes available
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly
- Results oriented: Driven by goals and outcomes, and driven to manage up and laterally to invest others in achieving those goals and outcomes
- Adept in current office technology and outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Capacity and desire to consistently operate in a manner that reflects our organizational vision and core values
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per quarter and work evenings for occasional events
Compensation and Benefits:
The position will begin in August 2019 and is a full-time position with a salary range of $70,000 – $80,000 per year. Salary offers will be commensurate with experience, and candidates are eligible for a full benefits package.
Here’s a little bit more about who we are and what we value:
Utilizing a strengths-based approach, we create extraordinary learning experiences that maximize
learning, engagement and performance and ultimately transform cultures.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1992, we have designed extraordinary learning experiences, proven to transform organizational
and learning cultures. Our work is grounded in the science of character strengths – through this lens,
- Schools become thriving learning communities
- Organizations become workplaces where everyone flourishes, and
- Neighborhoods become hubs of connected, community change makers.
Since our founding, we have reached more than ½ million students, and have worked with thousands
of schools and organizations in Cincinnati and across the globe.
OUR BELIEFS ABOUT DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We are constantly striving to live out our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work –
with each other and with our partners.
We believe that diversity matters because providing extraordinary learning experiences is only possible
when we truly leverage the diverse thinking, perspectives and experiences of our staff, partners and
We believe that equity matters because it helps ensure high outcomes of access, opportunities, or self determined
success for all individuals, regardless of any social or cultural factor.
We believe that inclusion matters because it maximizes learning and creativity. An inclusive culture
allows everyone to be themselves and to be their best – two ingredients for valuable and authentic
contributions from all.
OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of everything we do and shape who we are. We talk about
them, work them, and live them every day because we believe this is the best way to fulfill our highest
hopes for learners of all ages: