Join Us: Bring the WOW!
Want to bring a WOW experience every day? At Mayerson Academy, we’ve made it our mission to celebrate strengths and inspire people to reach their greatest potential—one organization, one team and one person at a time. As forward-thinking learning services experts, we are pioneering innovative solutions designed to deliver results. Ultimately our goal is to inspire everyone we reach to be at their best every day and to help others do the same.
We are a strengths-based group of diverse professionals who inspire educators and organizations to realize their visions for success through extraordinary learning experiences. We would love for you to join our team.
Position: Thriving Learning Communities School Facilitator
Responsible to: Thriving Learning Communities Senior Program Manager
TEAM: Thriving Learning Communities
LOCATION: Youngstown, Ohio
Download the Job Description here.
As the Thriving Learning Communities School Facilitator, you will work closely with our Senior Program Manager to envision, design, and support professional learning and program delivery for the Thriving Learning Communities initiative, our strengths-based approach to social and emotional learning for K- 12. You are an organized self-starter who loves designing and delivering professional learning and supporting a wide variety of audiences to be successful through progress monitoring. People see you as an instructional expert with great judgement, who works well under pressure, welcomes opportunities to work with educators and administrators, families and community organizations, is adaptive, and has a great sense of humor.
ABOUT THE TLC:
Imagine schools where learners of all ages thrive. Positive learning environments are critical to student success, catalyzing high engagement and high performance. We know this is not the experience for all students, but we can change that.
Thriving Learning Communities™ (TLC) is a unique, research-based approach to improving students’ social and emotional competencies (SEL) through the lens of character strengths. As students come to understand their unique strengths and build SEL competencies, research shows that engagement, learning and performance all increase. We currently serve 90+ schools, 6,000+ educators, and are in multiple countries. Learn more about the TLC initiative on our website at www.mayersonacademy.org/thriving-learning-communities/.
Implementation of the Thriving Learning Communities™ SEL Curriculum and integrating the language of character strengths throughout the day is essential to seeing culture change within a school. Our research indicates that through direct school-based support to teachers, administration, and staff, schools experience a change in student motivation, engagement and academic performance. By prioritizing direct support to school-based staff, staff will accelerate their trajectory to become natural strengths-based practitioners.
The role of a school facilitator is focused on infusing Thriving Learning Communities™ and strengths-based language throughout the PBIS system, observing and providing feedback to teachers on how to build and sustain a strengths-based culture, working with administration on school-wide systems to provide continuity throughout the school day, and collecting and analyzing data to create responsive professional development opportunities. In addition, TLC school facilitators will work with Family Engagement Coordinators at the school and district level to ensure parents and community are engaged in culture transformation and can utilize strength-based parenting techniques at home.
The Thriving Learning Communities™(TLC) School Facilitator will be responsible for job-embedded support at 2-3 school sites through:
• Providing customized professional development in formal and informal settings to instructional staff, support staff, school administrators, and families
• Working to engage families in amplifying the strength-based work in the community and at home
• Supporting instructional staff teaching TLC’s SEL curriculum
• Coaching and guiding school-based staff to integrate strengths to improve school culture
• Meeting with administration and building leadership teams to integrate strengths into school-wide initiatives
• Participating in Mayerson Academy organization-wide initiatives on an as needed basis
COMPESNATION AND BENEFITS:
This position is 210 days per school year with a target start date of October 7, 2019. It is a full-time
position with a salary range of $50,000 – $60,000 per year. Salary offers will be commensurate with
experience and include eligibility for a full benefits package.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years teaching/instructional coaching experience preferred
- Strong track record of student achievement required
- Work experience within school systems and creating and delivering professional learning is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience successfully working and collaborating with a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
- History of building and executing a project plan, managing and planning around deadlines, and adjusting/evolving plans as new information becomes available
- Operate with a high level of autonomy
- Manage time to meet outcomes
- Adept in current office technology and outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Build relationships through multiple touchpoints to connect with teachers, school administration and parents with diverse styles, strengths and needs, including meetings and communication in evening timeframes
- Plan and set up professional development sessions, including transporting and setting up materials (up to 30 pounds)
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per quarter and work evenings and weekends for occasional events
- Capacity and desire to consistently operate in a manner that reflects our organizational vision and core values
Here’s a little bit more about who we are and what we value:
Utilizing a strengths-based approach, we create extraordinary learning experiences that maximize
learning, engagement and performance and ultimately transform cultures.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1992, we have designed extraordinary learning experiences, proven to transform organizational
and learning cultures. Our work is grounded in the science of character strengths – through this lens,
- Schools become thriving learning communities
- Organizations become workplaces where everyone flourishes, and
- Neighborhoods become hubs of connected, community change makers.
Since our founding, we have reached more than ½ million students, and have worked with thousands
of schools and organizations in Cincinnati and across the globe.
OUR BELIEFS ABOUT DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We are constantly striving to live out our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work –
with each other and with our partners.
We believe that diversity matters because providing extraordinary learning experiences is only possible
when we truly leverage the diverse thinking, perspectives and experiences of our staff, partners and
We believe that equity matters because it helps ensure high outcomes of access, opportunities, or self determined
success for all individuals, regardless of any social or cultural factor.
We believe that inclusion matters because it maximizes learning and creativity. An inclusive culture
allows everyone to be themselves and to be their best – two ingredients for valuable and authentic
contributions from all.
OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of everything we do and shape who we are. We talk about
them, work them, and live them every day because we believe this is the best way to fulfill our highest
hopes for learners of all ages: