Join Us: Bring the WOW!
Want to bring a WOW experience every day? At Mayerson Academy, we’ve made it our mission to celebrate strengths and inspire people to reach their greatest potential—one organization, one team and one person at a time. As forward-thinking learning services experts, we are pioneering innovative solutions designed to deliver results. Ultimately our goal is to inspire everyone we reach to be at their best every day and to help others do the same.
We are a strengths-based group of diverse professionals who inspire educators and organizations to realize their visions for success through extraordinary learning experiences. We would love for you to join our team.
Position: Thriving Learning Communities Program Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible to: Senior Program Manager
Apply: Email cover letter and resume to TLC@mayersonacademy.org
Download this job posting here
As the Thriving Learning Communities specialist, you will work closely with our Senior Program Manager to envision, design, and support professional learning and program delivery for the Thriving Learning Communities initiative, our strengths-based approach to social and emotional learning for K- 12. You are an organized self-starter who loves designing and delivering professional learning and supporting a wide variety of audiences to be successful through progress monitoring. People see you as an instructional expert with great judgement, who works well under pressure, welcomes opportunities to work with educators, administrators, student focused organizations, is adaptive, and has a great sense of humor.
ABOUT THRIVING LEARNING COMMUNITIES:
Imagine schools where learners of all ages thrive. Positive learning environments are critical to student success, catalyzing high engagement and high performance. We know this is not the experience for all students, but we can change that.
Thriving Learning Communities™ (TLC) is a unique, research-based approach to improving students’ social and emotional competencies (SEL) through the lens of character strengths. As students come to understand their unique strengths and build SEL competencies, research shows that engagement, learning and performance all increase. We currently serve 75+ schools, 1000+ schools based staff, and are in multiple countries. Learn more about the TLC initiative on our website at www.mayersonacademy.org/thriving-learning-communities/.
- Provide account management services through collaborative, action-oriented relationships with program partners and stakeholders.
- Seek a deep understanding of each partner’s goals to expertly match the program development and support process to their precise needs.
- Coordinate, plan, create, facilitate and deliver professional learning and supplemental activities uniquely suited to partners’ goals.
- Investigate, explore, advocate, and use evidence-based best practices to achieve beneficial results for the program.
- Continually evaluate impact data to inform processes, content development and school implementations.
- Define and deliver high quality key program outcomes.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4
years or more of job-related
- Work experience within public school
systems and creating and delivering
professional learning is strongly
- Demonstrated experience successfully
working and collaborating with a wide
variety of audiences and stakeholders
- History of building and executing a
project plan, managing and planning
around deadlines, and
adjusting/evolving plans as new
information becomes available
- Track record of thinking conceptually and
mastering complex subject matter quickly
- Results oriented: Driven by goals and
outcomes, and driven to manage up and
laterally to invest others in achieving those
goals and outcomes
- Adept in current office technology and
outstanding written, oral and interpersonal
- Capacity and desire to consistently operate in
a manner that reflects our organizational
vision and core values
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per quarter and
work evenings for occasional events
Here’s a little bit more about who we are and what we value:
Utilizing a strengths-based approach, we create extraordinary learning experiences that maximize
learning, engagement and performance and ultimately transform cultures.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1992, we have designed extraordinary learning experiences, proven to transform organizational
and learning cultures. Our work is grounded in the science of character strengths – through this lens,
- Schools become thriving learning communities
- Organizations become workplaces where everyone flourishes, and
- Neighborhoods become hubs of connected, community change makers.
Since our founding, we have reached more than ½ million students, and have worked with thousands
of schools and organizations in Cincinnati and across the globe.
OUR BELIEFS ABOUT DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We are constantly striving to live out our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work –
with each other and with our partners.
We believe that diversity matters because providing extraordinary learning experiences is only possible
when we truly leverage the diverse thinking, perspectives and experiences of our staff, partners and
We believe that equity matters because it helps ensure high outcomes of access, opportunities, or self determined
success for all individuals, regardless of any social or cultural factor.
We believe that inclusion matters because it maximizes learning and creativity. An inclusive culture
allows everyone to be themselves and to be their best – two ingredients for valuable and authentic
contributions from all.
OUR CORE VALUES form the foundation of everything we do and shape who we are. We talk about
them, work them, and live them every day because we believe this is the best way to fulfill our highest
hopes for learners of all ages: